Question

Hi, I'm new at this so please forgive me. I do have a question that maybe someone could help me answer. My late brother was a collector of musical instruments. As his Successor Trustee and Executor, it is my responsibility to sell his personal possessions for the benefit of his heirs (his 6 nieces and nephews - not me). He has a couple of Amati clarinets and some saxophones. Does the Woodwind Forum facilitate the sale of reed instruments similar to Trumpet Herald for trumpets and cornets? If not, where might I look? Thank you for any guidance. RBG

Here is a link about the rules for our marketplace. I think you will find that most online forums have similar rules. Sax On The Web requires (I think) 6 months and 50 posts. I don't know about Amati clarinets, but if the saxophones are pro quality (Selmer Paris, Yansgisawa, Keilwerth, some Yamaha models, or some vintage lines like King, Conn, Buescher or Martin), you might do better selling them on consignment through a reputable dealer. Not sure about Virginia, but USA Horn in NJ, or PM Woodwinds in Chicago do consignment sales. If they are student or intermediate horns, eBay, Facebook Marketplace, or something similar might be the way to go. If you post the saxophone details (including pictures) we can probably give you more guidance.

Here is a link about the rules for our marketplace. I think you will find that most online forums have similar rules. Sax On The Web requires (I think) 6 months and 50 posts. I don't know about Amati clarinets, but if the saxophones are pro quality (Selmer Paris, Yansgisawa, Keilwerth, some Yamaha models, or some vintage lines like King, Conn, Buescher or Martin), you might do better selling them on consignment through a reputable dealer. Not sure about Virginia, but USA Horn in NJ, or PM Woodwinds in Chicago do consignment sales. If they are student or intermediate horns, eBay, Facebook Marketplace, or something similar might be the way to go. If you post the saxophone details (including pictures) we can probably give you more guidance.
Most appreciative of your response. Very helpful. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom