Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Ready to give up on Mozilla

jbtsax

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
I have loved Mozilla Firefox ever since I switched over several years ago. The last few months the love affair has ended, and Mozilla has begun to treat me very badly.

When I try to download or open a pdf file Mozilla freezes. When I try to save a jpg image on my computer I get the cold shoulder as well. When I try to upload a photo from my computer to Photobucket Mozilla stops cold. I can no longer play videos because Mozilla doesn't recognize Adobe Flash Player even though it is installed and works in other browsers.

I have perused the Mozilla help websites found on Google, and most of the suggested fixes say click "tools", "options" and then blah, blah, blah. . . . You guessed it, clicking "options" creates the same freeze problem I am trying to fix. The last thing I want to do is go back to Windows Internet Explorer (yuck), but I am getting desperate.

Can anyone help me out of my predicament?

I tried Firefox on the Mac when building my website...

..., this to test it to check the coding, and found that it gave me nothing but trouble. Ultimately, it was one of the reasons that I did a bottom up rebuild of the system, and then reinstalled everything but Firefox.

start with a fresh profile (google) and see if the problem persists. In most cases it won't. Do export your bookmarks first.

Also, FWIW, I've heard from more than one source that Firefox 15 beta is miles better than 14. I can say that I absolutely hated 12: compatibility problems and such with a variety of websites. I completely skipped 13. I think.

The good and bad: FF is coming out with a "major" update every six weeks.

Back
Top Bottom