Selmer Recitals with full Boehm keywork

SOTSDO

Old King Log
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I've been told that such beasts exist, but have never seen physical evidence of such a thing. I'd love to get a Bb and A pair with all of the stuff I've become accustomed to over the past forty years.

Of all the clarinets I've ever played (and their number is relatively high), the best sound that I've ever produced has come out of the Recital model. (To be absolutely frank, I've only been able to play Bb versions.) Although the thing feels like an alto clarinet in your hands, the qualities of the tone make up for that (and the increased weight) in spades.

I'd even like to see the same philosophy carried over to a bass clarinet, although that's probably too much to hope for.

Quick Googling produces ... mostly your posts about a full Boehm Recital :p.

I think such a beastie might never have been available. Kinda sad, as the Recital is a very nice looking clarinet. And I play a C85/120 mouthpiece.

Yup. The good thing about the Internets is that searches like this one are relatively easy to perform. I chase down a lot of books this way, but some things just don't show up...ever.

I spent a part of my sickly retirement day (just retired at the beginning of this month) looking for a couple of jewelry items for my lovely wife. Going the old route (visiting eclectic jewelry galleries like our wonderful High Gloss here in Houston) takes a lot of time. Doing it on the Internets allows me to chase down the out of stock stuff that we can't find locally.

Back
Top Bottom