Selmer: What's wrong with ...

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
... this picture? I count at least four things, even without checking the translations. :D

Attachments

• 2016-12-22_0949.png
    2016-12-22_0949.png
    870.2 KB · Views: 253
... this picture? I count at least four things, even without checking the translations. :D
Reminds me of the old story...
The symphony's second clarinetist noticed that immediately after taking his chair, the first clarinet removed a paper from his jacket, read it, then put it away. One day the first clarinet left his jacket on his chair when he left the stage. The second clarinet carefully removed the paper and read it.

"Left hand on top."

Definitely, this is the problem with two of the clarinet pictures. They do the same for one of the alto saxophones (just one; the other's fine) and the soprano.

I have done some reading and I know that you could get clarinets with "reversed" left/right hand fingering, even up through the first several years of the Boehm system, but I don't remember seeing any horn less than 100 years old like that. I also look at Selmer's e-mail and think, "Gee, Selmer, you could have afforded a photo session rather than buy pics from Shutterstock and have someone alter the images with Photoshop."

I think those are mirror / reversed images.
If you look at the small pic of the female clarinet player, you can see the Selmer logo is mirror-flipped on her shirt.

It's definitely bad Photoshop.

Back
Top Bottom