Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Suggestions for Sax Quartet music

Please suggest to me some up to intermediate level sax quartet stuff to work on. I'm not familiar with all the titles out there and it's near impossible to figure out what to start with when ordering over the net. I'm thinking of doing some self recordings as a part of my practice routine. Also, since I no longer own a soprano sax (to every one's relief), I'll be playing those parts on clarinet.

Thanks in advance,

TJ

you can get flute, clarinet, and string quartet stuff as well, if youre willing to transpose.

Our quintet does a lot of dixieland arrangements. If you have access to barbershop music, you can also use that, you just have to transpose it

Wow! Great link Al. Thanks much. I wish there was some sort difficulty rating system for these works. That website is helpful.

you can get flute, clarinet, and string quartet stuff as well, if youre willing to transpose.

Our quintet does a lot of dixieland arrangements. If you have access to barbershop music, you can also use that, you just have to transpose it

I could transpose. I might do that anyway for the bari parts to bass clarinet since I maybe selling my bari.

Wow! Great link Al. Thanks much. I wish there was some sort difficulty rating system for these works. That website is helpful.
The difficulty rating is easy. Download the PDFs and read them on the screen. If you can't handle a part, too difficult. Otherwise, easy enough.

I sold my soprano, too. The neighborhood dogs and cats are more content, now.

If you don't mind paying for arrangements this is a great site, we've had good luck with their arrangements. The pieces can be previewed so that should be helpful.Nice folks to deal with to boot!

www.4a4quartet.com
<cite></cite>

Paul Coats has many arrangements for sax quartets he put together. I have a great number of them. Don't let the ease of some of them fool you, they are not easy to play well! I haven't found one that isn't good. There was quite a variety in the pieces I got from him. I don't know what he has arranged over the past few years, but you could always drop him an email, and find out.

Paul Coats has many arrangements for sax quartets he put together. I have a great number of them. Don't let the ease of some of them fool you, they are not easy to play well! I haven't found one that isn't good. There was quite a variety in the pieces I got from him. I don't know what he has arranged over the past few years, but you could always drop him an email, and find out.

Helen, do you know if Paul has a list of his arrangements posted somewhere? If not, I'll just email him. Thanks for the suggestion!

Helen, do you know if Paul has a list of his arrangements posted somewhere? If not, I'll just email him. Thanks for the suggestion!

I haven't seen any list he's published of his scores. The best thing to do is probably drop him an email.

Oh, I should mention, that besides quartets, IIRC some of his scores are for larger groups as well. I don't have the scores with me at the moment, or I'd look them up. It's also been a few years since I've played them, so my memory is a big foggy. He'll fill you in however. He's just a really nice, helpful guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom