Thank you

This post comes from a genuine thought I had 30 seconds ago. It was a thought that came to me, having been on other forum, and then looking at this one. And having had that thought, there was no harm in saying it out loud.

Thank you for the forum, moderators and contributors. This is an informative, constructive and fun discussion group that is a joy to be part of.

I tire of reading of spats, confrontation, egos and dissent on another board.

This forum is a credit to you, and of course to us.

There - I thought it and I've said it!

Now, back to business as usual....

Chris

Chris, you have captured much of the intent around creating this forum. It is nice to see that we have had some modicum of success differentiating ourselves from other forums. We really do strive to be unique and not just the same ol' thing that you might find else where.

Our charter is to have a place to chatter about music, the industry, the equipment, the players and the educational aspects of music making. Many of the people on this forum are some of my favorite people on forums today. They can be characterized by their passion for all thangs music, ability to craft a decent paragraph, and the oft times the unusual gift of being able to treat a diverse group people with respect.

This forum is only as successful as it's parts. The moderators, admins, users, and lurkers (yes you, we see you <smile>) are a great group of people; I'm proud to participate in this just the latest experiment on the Internet. Here's hoping we never get too big for our britches.

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words. We aim to be inclusive and while our membership numbers are small compared to other forums, we make up for it with content.

I can't thank you enough for your post. It made my day!

No spats?

No spats, indeed! Try defending the alto clarinet and see how far that gets you...

Of course, if by "no spats", you are referring to the shoe covers popular with gentlemen back at the beginning of the last century (I love that I now have the ability to say that about the Twentieth Century), then you have a point. None of the folks around here have enough class to even own a pair.

...Of course, if by "no spats", you are referring to the shoe covers popular with gentlemen back at the beginning of the last century (I love that I now have the ability to say that about the Twentieth Century), then you have a point. None of the folks around here have enough class to even own a pair.

Though if they did, they would look appropriately quite dashing!...

As spats is a 18th Century shortening of the 17th century word spatterdash - the gaiter used to protect the trousers or stockings from being spattered with mud. So around for some time before the 20th century dictated its use as a fashion accessory.

But then, you probably knew that already.....

Chris

No spats, indeed! Try defending the alto clarinet and see how far that gets you...

There is no defense for the alto clarinet. :p:p:tongue::tongue::emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile::emoji_smile:

Now does anyone want an autographed copy of my new promo shot. ;-)

Helen, the only thing worse would be you holding two alto clarinets. At a practice session for the world-class Washington Wind Symphony (I was subbing on bari and will not go back as the music was mind-numbingly boring for me) a fellow who was playing the CBC, bass and alto clarinet admitted to having two!

... and alto clarinet admitted to having two!

IMG_7179.jpg

and your point being.....:emoji_rolling_eyes::emoji_rolling_eyes::emoji_rolling_eyes:

This post comes from a genuine thought I had 30 seconds ago. It was a thought that came to me, having been on other forum, and then looking at this one. And having had that thought, there was no harm in saying it out loud.

Thank you for the forum, moderators and contributors. This is an informative, constructive and fun discussion group that is a joy to be part of.

Chris
You're welcome!

Is this a new sport - alto clarinet wrestling?

Looks like you won by a submission.....

Chris

It was a tough fight. That little bugger just didn't want to give in. But in the end I prevailed. :)

What I remember about spats is how they gradually turn brownish-green when you march in a parade that includes horses.

What I remember about spats is how they gradually turn brownish-green when you march in a parade that includes horses.
Phobia against horses?:tongue:

Chris

That's the reason I like this forum so much also! Excellent, well moderated site!
Gary

Back
Top Bottom