Thanks !

I just read yet another rant on the other 500 lb gorilla site.
This one was generated by a lot of the regulars and high post
count members. It seems to me, that they could learn a thing
or two from the members here. I just want to say THANKS !

I know I'm no great resource, or the most interesting poster.
But I have never felt any of the nastiness in peoples replies or
comments to either myself or other members here. I believe this
is due to the staff and regulars here. It all rolls down hill.

Keep up the good work ! You are appreciated !
And thanks for putting up with me !

Stephen

Last edited:
Thanks! It's hard to control a site once it gets to a certain size. But thanks for the kudos. I just hope that the Woodwind Forum can continue to both be value add and a friendly place to ask questions and talk about music performance.

Hardly a week goes by where I don't quote someone from this forum. And my peeps know to come here with questions or to get some good pointers to Internet references.

Jim, I think you might be too old to use the term "peeps". Unless you're referring to the marshmallow thingies coated with sugar.

:)

Jim, I think you might be too old to use the term "peeps". Unless you're referring to the marshmallow thingies coated with sugar. :)
Interesting you would say that. Willie Wilks, black exchange student to my vanilla high school, taught me that term (and others) in the '70s. He played a mean trombone too.

"Shucky duckie, quack, quack" - from Quincy Jones' "Cool Joe, Mean Joe".

Last edited:
FWIW, most of my act is an act to try to be a little folksy. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I feel I'm more easygoing online than in "real" life.

Interestingly enough.

Anyhow, as Jim, Ed and I have said, our main purpose is to share our brains. In my case, if I can contribute to making your world a better place by offering up some woodwind trivia, that makes me happy. If you think I contribute to making the WF a better place, that makes me happy.

2007-04-10-headless-peeps.jpg

Peeps Carnage.

Stephen,

Thanks for the compliment. I basically concur with what Jim and Pete said. Although there is a certain horror associated with the peeps carnage. :emoji_relaxed:

Connical,

If I ever reply to anyone in a nasty or rude manner you have permission to give me a swift kick in the pants.

Back
Top Bottom