The Uncalled four

Our sax quartet will be performing at the Atkinson country club as Santa arrives from 5:30 - 8 on Dec 4th in Atkinson NH playing as a donation of services to the kids and families waiting for Santa's arrival.

On Dec 5th we will be playing Christmas music for their downtown celebrations in Newburyport in the open outside in the square, in Newburyport Massachusetts, from 6:00-8:30. I am using 7 members on rotation so we don't freeze, unfortunately I am the only bari sax players so I get to freeze.
(I work outside, I may be OK)

Dec 7th we are strolling the streets of Haverhill Ma. playing for the Christmas downtown celebration as we stroll from business to business, sometime in the afternoon. Toward the end we will finish off where the restaurants and brew pubs are and tap off the day with some Christmas cheer. :-D

If you are in the area, come see us.

I'll have to see if any one has a friend with digital capabilities.
I'm pretty low tech when it comes to filming.

I will try to get some recording done with my Sony MP3.

We will be in a pretty crowded environment with about 3,500 estimated to come through the reception hall at Atkinson to see Santa, over the nearly three hours.

Here's my top four recommendations for the new videoer:

1. Use a Tripod, please. We have enough Blair Witch project band vids out there already

2. Try to set up away from kids, loud people, and the like. The back ground noises has ruined so many otherwise great vids.

3. Zoom in every once in a while or take stills to mix with video sound track.

4. Use a movie editor. Vista has a free program called Movie Maker that will allow you to cut and paste so that you show the best of the session and not violate copyright laws. You are allowed to exerpt pieces or record original material. Otherwise you have to pay into ASCAM or BMI.

Thanks for advice.

We have no one with digital capabilities but we may get filmed.
It is way too crowded and we are right down in the crowd on an elevated platform with tons of kids around and pretty much a mob scene. There will definitely be no tripod set up.

Back
Top Bottom