"This isn't Milli Vanilli"

I hope this isn't besides the point :)

I just heard the original composition on the radio--John Williams I think? Anyway, I thought it was absolutely beautiful.

They could have broadcast a film of Ma etc. playing the piece, but I don't think that would have seemed right either. I guess you could call this Obama's first real taste of how hard it is to please everybody.

R.

ps. or they could have gotten Pete Thomas--cat plays under water!!!

For those who think they should have been told that they were listening to a recording:

There is precedent. Remember American Bandstand? I didn't watch it much, but I don't remember Frankie Avalon ever telling us that he was lip-synching his records. If it's good enough for Little Richard, it's good enough for Yo Yo Ma. :)

[hijack]
About Larry Storch's voice. I worked with Storch one season as his accompaniest. We played some of the upscale retirement community clubhouses here in Florida. He is indeed among the nice guys.

Storch did not sing. I played intro and off tunes (usually the theme to F Troop) and tinkled behind his monologues. So to speak.

But as for his speaking voice, many do not realize that Storch is one of the best impersonators in the business. His voices, inflections, timber, dialects, idioms, etc., are so close to the originals, they'd fool a spectral analysis. So if he wanted to use your voice to play a role, he could.

[/hijack]

Back
Top Bottom