To Skype or Not

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
My son is trying to talk me into using Skype so Suzy and I can get some quality time with their new daughter, my granddaughter. I guess it's only fair because I've been trying to get him on Facebook.

I've resisted hooking a camera up to my computer for years. Just don't feel good about it. Anyone use Skype or other videocam phone services? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

My son is trying to talk me into using Skype so Suzy and I can get some quality time with their new daughter, my granddaughter. I guess it's only fair because I've been trying to get him on Facebook.

I've resisted hooking a camera up to my computer for years. Just don't feel good about it. Anyone use Skype or other videocam phone services? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I had Skype without the camera, and I feel just silly talking to a computer (I also feel silly talking to a table speakerphone) with no one else around. I'm more comfortable with chatting or sending emails, or attending newsgroups. But that may just be me.

Sheryl and I do Skype sometimes when one of us travels. I haven't tried using the web cam with it yet.

i've used it but without a camera and with USB noise reduction headphones.

plus it's free last time i used it

but since then I got MetroPCS which is unlimited cell and i haven't used those internet phones since. And doesn't skype require both sides to use it ?

Skype to Skype is free, however they do allow you to call land lines. I use it all the time when family is traveling overseas, or to talk with friends that are out of the country. I use it both with and without the webcams. Great program in my opinion. It's basically windows messenger with video capabilities.

I use Skype all the time to talk to my friends and I use the camera. It feels kinda weird not to use the camera. With the camera I can see the other person. The only problems I've had with using Skype is that on rare occassions you get a bad connection.

Back
Top Bottom