Very Challenging Advanced Saxophone Étude Book

Hi all,

I'm excited to share with everyone that I released a digital saxophone Étude book this year. It's really advanced, but hopefully worth the challenge! The music is really difficult to classify, it's essentially modern "classical" etudes, but as a jazz guy, there is an undeniable jazz/rock/funk influence. All of the etudes are meant to address various compositional and technical aspects of improvising on the saxophone. That being said, I hope the etudes are still musically satisfying and not just your typical dry exercises - I tried to make music with them. It's definitely a "20th century classical" aesthetic, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but you can listen to a few of the etudes streaming online on my site and on the page below.

If you're feeling like tackling a big challenge, I recommend you check it out. If you like it, please feel free to share the link with students, friends, and colleagues. The book has gotten great feedback from a lot of pro and amateur saxophonists so far (if you want to read reviews/endorsements, please visit the links below). I also recorded myself playing each Étude - some on tenor, some on alto, some on soprano - so you'll get that in addition to the book itself. The book's available on LearnJazzStandards.com if you feel like grabbing a copy, and if so please let me know what you think after you've checked it out:

20 Advanced Etudes For Solo Saxophone - Learn Jazz Standards

And here's my website if anyone wants to learn a bit more about me:

Josiah Boornazian: Saxophonist | Composer | Educator

Thanks, and happy practicing!

Best,
Josiah

Back
Top Bottom