Dismiss Notice
I hate the colors. What do I do?

At the far bottom of the page, on the left, is a menu or link that says, "Forum Default." Click on that and choose a different Style.

Well, I'd read the fine manual -- if there was one

Discussion in 'Pete's Computer Corner' started by pete, Sep 21, 2014.

1. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

So, I've mentioned that I'm moving my picture galleries from Gallery 3 to Piwigo because Gallery 3 is no longer being developed. While I'm not happy about Gallery 3 going away, Piwigo has a bunch of features I really like. However, I kept on having one problem: the pictures I had uploaded to Piwigo would come up with the "broken picture" icon, but would eventually pop-up if you refreshed the screen often enough. I didn't know why. I didn't have this problem in Gallery 3 and the Piwigo software has an almost identical "back end" (the same kind of database, picture generation software, etc.). Hey, the Piwigo manual is pretty brief. It's a two step process: upload via FTP and press a big, friendly button.

So, I hit the web. I initially thought it was just some sort of server configuration thing, so I searched for "slow picture download piwigo."

Putting together a couple bits of information, when you upload the photos, they go in your "Caddie." You then select the pictures and press a button to generate thumbnails, otherwise the thumbnails won't be generated until a user accesses the page the picture is on. Woah. Important feature. I'm glad I didn't follow the advice of other threads on Piwigo.org to just delete it.

2. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

I have a lot of computer-related stuff I'm doing because I have/had Christmas, today, Saturday, and Sunday off. One of things I've been doing is copying the text (an example) and HTML markup (an example is this table) from my Gallery 3 to Piwigo (good example of the finished product). It's a few step process, but it's going fairly quickly. It's just another thing on my long list of "fix it" projects ....

Our staff's websites: