WF New People Introductions

Greetings, Earthlings!
I play (breathe, sleep, eat, dream, etc) the Clarinet, Sopranos and a bass.
(I'm also a didgeridoo player, we'll get to that later.)
I compose music, and have been playing piano for longer than you need to know right now.
I started playing in an usual way, I spotted a beautiful horn in an antique shop (Noblet Paris 27 all wood in fabulous condition, 1972), and have been helplessly sucked deep in to the wormhole leading to Clarinetland.
Glad to be a member here, I hope you look forward to putting up with me. :geek:

..... I spotted a beautiful horn in an antique shop (Noblet Paris 27 all wood in fabulous condition, 1972), and have been helplessly sucked deep in to the wormhole leading to Clarinetland.
Glad to be a member here, I hope you look forward to putting up with me. :geek:

you do know the old term for a clarinet .. a licorice stick. Unfortunately if clarinets are anything like licorice then you can't just stop at one !!

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your stay here !!

you do know the old term for a clarinet .. a licorice stick. Unfortunately if clarinets are anything like licorice then you can't just stop at one !!

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your stay here !!
I'm a bass and don't care for licorice. What does that make me?

Enjoy the forum!

Hey everyone!
i'm Trevor, 15 years old and I'm a freshman in High School. Music is everything to me. Clarinet is my life and my main instrument. I also play saxes, recorder and oboe. I participate in the local community band (concert and march) and I do any extra music activities I can do. From 6-8th grade, I participated in the local district band and county wide honors band. First year, I got 5th chair out of 20 or so others. The next two years I was first chair clarinet. My 8th grade year I won a scholarship savings bond through the honors band for being the best musician in my county band. This year in high school honors, I competed against mainy juniors, seniors and a few sophmores. I worked very hard to try try to get myself INTO the band. Well, let's just say I kicked @$5 :D I got 8th chair out of the 18 they picked from the 35 that auditioned. I felt extremely grateful that I made it in. I even beat the first chair clarinet (a senior) of my school :) Other then the community band, I also play in the schools Pep band (its like a marching band, but we don't march) and the pit orchestra for the school's musical. This year's play is Thoroughly Modern Millie where I'm playing clarinet and oboe. Sorry for the long message, but I'm just super excited to be here!!!!
Trevor

Hello

Hi everyone!

Well it seems that I already know a couple of you, Kim and Al. Great to hear you're alive and well Al even if your health isn't cooperating. I make mouthpieces from scratch for saxophones and do custom mouthpiece work since 1982. I also make necks in several different materials. I also import horns from Taiwan and believe me, they are great and parts are available contrary to what's been written here.

Please feel free to contact me for anything at all. Phil Barone

Welcome, uncle Phil.:geezer2:

Welcome Phil

I've enjoyed your posts on other forums (such as the sax mpc double lip embouchure one), and have enjoyed watching you grow your sax business from when you first started, and your mpc business. I still want to get one of your gold plated sopranos (and baris) and tenor ... but priorities tend to get into the way ...

welcome to the board

Maybe now we can get some decent recipe threads going!

Welcome Phil

I've enjoyed your posts on other forums (such as the sax mpc double lip embouchure one), and have enjoyed watching you grow your sax business from when you first started, and your mpc business. I still want to get one of your gold plated sopranos (and baris) and tenor ... but priorities tend to get into the way ...

welcome to the board

Thanks Steve! I think we spoke once, right? Phil

Thanks Steve! I think we spoke once, right? Phil

Yes we have, back when you first came out with your saxes and I thought I might have enough to get one of your gold plated sopranos.

I'm still trying to save up for one !!

Just getting started.

Hi, everybody! I'm doing this for my son who's in fourth grade and a friend who's been playing over 40 years. My friend also does repairs and overhauls on saxes, flutes and clarinets.
My name is Bernie Herbst and I think I may try to play as my friend Jack gave me a Cundy-Bettoney Cadet to strip and clean and rebuild, then to learn to play. I'm an older dad and love all kinds of music, I play guitar and piano.

I look forward to getting my friend to join as well and reading everything you all post about woodwinds so I may learn more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

As a beginning clarinetist, I thought it'd be a good idea to find a forum of my peers and the more experienced for conversation, advice and the general companionship of like minds.

Hopefully you all have a good sense of humour as I do tend to exercise mine a lot - and in between, I may even talk about playing the clarinet. :tongue:

I'm an adult female from Scotland (although living in England right now) and I've always loved the sound of the "liquorice stick" so decided to try it for myself. So, I wheedled a second hand (but recently refurbished) Buffet B12 out of the manthing for my last birthday, got some tutor books and new reeds and I'm enjoying myself enormously.

I look forward to our future conversations, quips, anecdotes and general bonhomie. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom