Wikipedia: List of Concert Band Literature

I played in a 'wing' ensemble once, but our leader flew the coop with a couple of the band chicks....

[I do apologize - something seemed to come over me:emoji_rolling_eyes:\

I think that I've only played a handful of the items listed. I was a military brat, so I've gone to three different middle schools and three or four different high schools -- and I was usually in two or more ensembles in high school.

I've played music from some of the composers listed, but not the works.

Then again, it has been quite a few years since I was in school.

I came across this site a while ago. Given that Wikipedia is a source of questionable authenticity at times, I do think the list of Wing Ensemble pieces is very interesting. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_concert_band_literature"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_concert_band_literature[/URL]

Actually, I remember reading an article somewhere that talked about a poll saying that wikipedia was well reguarded by professionals involved in academia and research. These people thought more highly of Wikipedia than the lay population did.

just squawking...

Actually, I remember reading an article somewhere that talked about a poll saying that wikipedia was well reguarded by professionals involved in academia and research. These people thought more highly of Wikipedia than the lay population did.

just squawking...

I rarely heard of *scientific* articles being blamed for gross inaccuracy. And personally I think these articles invaluable. As in every book, the usual precautions apply, like cross-checking other sources.

Most of WPs bad rap comes from companies and individuals who try to, er, improve their online image a bit, or by "fashion" articles like what shampoo was Justin Bieber using before he discovered that he's different from all the other girls, or from what end does Voldemort start swabbing his instrument. (before you go and try to locate these articles, please, use your brain)

Back
Top Bottom