You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Bass Sax Solo

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
The video finally posted to YouTube. Here is me, a rank amateur, trying to do justice to Ward Baxter's "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" which is a low instrument feature piece. I chose to play the electrocardiofluke. :cool:

The director was a worried about me walking up to a cold sax to that's why I barked the two notes to show her that she *would* hear me. :emoji_rage:

Now if I could get my damn foot from tapping. So many bad habits to break. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Now if I could get my damn foot from tapping. So many bad habits to break. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

That's what I've noticed too, and what I'm scolded over by my director.

(I've tried to clamp my hindcheeks in rhythm, but that makes me bounce on my chair)

Way cool performance, by the way. I just luv it when it rumbles.

It's o.k. to tap once in a while. The only time it gets bad is when you hear the whole group tapping.

Very nice Jim.

Those "food courts" are popular concert venues in the Seattle area. I remember a place in Bellevue we used to go to when my in-laws used to live there.

On a side a note, my Cockapoo went a little crazy with the low notes at the end. She wanted to jump in my lap as I sat at the computer. :emoji_relaxed:

I tap my foot incessantly. I've made a science out of doing it without bothering other players. Foot angle, "wiggle toe," and simply swaying gets the job done.

I thoroughly respect my legit associates who mentally deal with time, using no physical or external signs of what is happening in the music.

Yet my R&B background makes me loyal to the "groove," whether it is in time or rubato.

I couldn't hear your foot tapping in the video, so who would be upset?

Great performance. Bravo. Do it again.

If you guys really want to get the foot tapping under control, study drumset. It doesn't take long to get it under control - meaning you can do it or not, at will. A month or two of fooling around on drums will take care of it for good.

Back
Top Bottom