A visit to a sporting goods store...

SOTSDO

Old King Log
Staff member
CE/Moderator
...will land you one of these:

photofif.jpg

Although it's really a stadium seat cushion (or part of one), it provides me with a safe and well-protected way to carry spare stand light bulbs.

It's made up of square foam plastic tubes, fused together at the sides. I partially slit the center of each tube (to make it easier to push them in and pull them out). It holds seven of them, well protected, enough that the whole thing can be dropped in our "gig bag" (a small dufflebag that is a catch all for a variety to odds and ends) without damaging any of the bulbs or filaments.

Often in office bulbs are a difficult one's to handle and needs to be kept in stock in need of emergencies. And your bag is really a useful one to keep them properly without damaging them. I would also like to order them if you could share where should I do that.

You can also buy foam tubing (used for insulating eg hot water pipes). They come in various dimensions.

Sorry, I've been on the road for the past week or so, and haven't spent as much time here as normal. All that I recall is that it was a foam seat cushion made of about ten 1 1/2" inch square foam tubes, all "glued" or hot melted together. I haven't seen one for sale in a while, but we bought it up north in IL, and we now live deep in the heart of Texas.

Pipe insulation would work as well, although they are going to be separate tubes rather than joined into one.

Back
Top Bottom