Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Advanced User Tagging

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
This is a feature I've really liked at Pete Thomas' forum. Full description of the mod is here.

Simply put, if you type in @[username], like @Helen or @Gandalfe, in a post, that member will be notified that you've mentioned him or her, both via e-mail -- if the user is set up to receive e-mails from other members -- and in the "Notifications" menu in the upper right corner, plus in a couple other places.

It's great if you want to have one of the Admins, CEs, or a specific forum member take a look at your post/thread, but don't want to send a PM or e-mail asking, "Can you please look at my thread?"

Attachments

TrueTone

College Student who likes wind instruments & music
So can I tag myself? I'll try to find this loophole. @TrueTone
EDIT:
Well it appears I can't keep one of these as a reminder for myself. That would have been useful if possible, though.

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
This feature has carried on to the 2.x version of Xenforo that we're currently using. It's still a nice feature.

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
BTW, I was not notified of the tagging I had a couple of weeks ago. I just happened to stumble across the thread. I should check my settings, but IIRC they are set to receive emails.

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I have not tried tagging myself with Xenforo 2.x. Let's try @pete

Top Bottom