Alternate Fingerings

Hi!

I'm a clarinetist with three years of experience. I currently don't have a teacher/instructor, and I am learning Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A major. So far, it's going really well. However, when I listened to the piece for the first time, it became evident to me that there were some alternate fingerings involved in being able to play the piece the best way it can be played. So, if I could have some instruction on how to play those fingerings, I would be very appreciative. Thank you!

It would be a great help to know which movement(s) you are working on and which measures and notes might require "alternate fingerings".

I have played this several hundred times (or more) and can't say there are any alternate fingerings I would use there, as long as you are playing middle C with your right pinky. Even that may just be a matter of personal preference. In measures 67 and 71, you should be using the alternate F# (3rd finger RH on the side key when moving from F (or E natural) to F#. The same thing holds true later in the piece when moving from low Bb to B natural. Other than that, I don't see much.

I have played this several hundred times (or more) and can't say there are any alternate fingerings I would use there, as long as you are playing middle C with your right pinky. Even that may just be a matter of personal preference. In measures 67 and 71, you should be using the alternate F# (3rd finger RH on the side key when moving from F (or E natural) to F#. The same thing holds true later in the piece when moving from low Bb to B natural. Other than that, I don't see much.
I have always called that the RH "sliver" key. The 4 RH "side keys" are played with the index finger.

Back
Top Bottom