Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Artley flute value?

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
Artley 9-0, sterling head joint (body too?) inline G and low B.

A friend has it and may be interested in selling it. It is 20+ years old. Bought new, played for 6 months and put away til now. It needs some pads. What is this thing worth?

Last edited:
Very brief Googling suggests between $500 to $600 for solid silver, $350 with solid silver head joint and plated body, $150 for plated.

I saw brief mention that they were made in Nogales. The flute version of the Mexiconn?

Very brief Googling suggests between $500 to $600 for solid silver, $350 with solid silver head joint and plated body, $150 for plated.

I saw brief mention that they were made in Nogales. The flute version of the Mexiconn?

That's my guess.

They're sending me a 1961 Artley Symphony for the cost of postage. It will be interesting to see which is in worse condition, my flute or this one.

One of them will get stripped and cleaned up and put into playing condition. I need to get something going on flute pretty soon.

Well, it all depends on what you need.

If you just need a flute that's in decent shape, there are an awful lot of 'em out there for well under $200 -- my wife's still fond of the Geminhardt 2SB that I bought for her from robertsax for all of $92. That'd be better, if you don't want to restore it yourself. Hey, time = money. I charge people I like $50 an hour, one hour minimum, to look at their computers.

($5000 an hour if I don't like you. And there are some people I won't work for no matter how much they can pay.)

Also, as noted in another thread, the economy is driving down instrument values.

BTB, Haynes-Schwelm = well, Artley. Something that escapes the seller in this eBay ad.

Artley 17-0 flute

hi i just bought one everything is original and is in good playing shape. nothing wrong with it at all nice and shiny too. if i was to sell it would i get a good amount? and how long could i play it till i need new parts? the guy had it in a chest for 20 years so i dont know how much it was playedfrom his grandma she got it when she was young .... i hope it last 33.JPG<<after it was cleaned45.JPG<< before it was cleaned$_57.JPG can anyone tell me if anything is wrong with it that im not seeing?:TrebleClef:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom