Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Bassic Sax

Some Site Updates

I've been getting some long overdue site updates done this last little while.

I've just emailed the updated Huttl pages to my web-designer. So with any luck, she will get them uploaded in the next few days. Once they're up, I'll post to the Huttl/DIABCO section of the forum.

The other thing I did this last week is remove the "News" section...which has been so static that it should have been called "History" :rolleyes: ... and replaced it with a blog.

I have somewhat of a vision of what I would like the blog to be. So far it is looking OK I think. But I'm open to ideas, suggestions, and comments. Poke around the blog for a bit and let me know what you think. You can either post here, email me, PM me, comment on the blog itself...Whatever suites you best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed
I have just done a major site update on my website Bassic-sax.ca. Now it and my blog look like the actually belong together.

There is still a lot to do, and I will be adding many pages over the next few months. The sections on American horns are still missing, as are the ones on Modern saxes. However, I my main focus has always been bass saxophones, and vintage, obscure European horns. There are some really interesting galleries on the various Dörfler & Jörka, Hammerschmidt, as well as Pierret saxophones.

In the coming weeks I will be expanding the vintage bass saxophone section first, and then the modern bass section to include the European ones. I'll also be expanding the section on bass accessories to cover all the new "toys" and things available to bass players now that we're in the middle of a bass sax renaissance.

I have always tried to focus on things that are different. I've never wanted to reinvent the wheel, and believe I have avoided doing so. With that in mind, there are literally hundreds of photos that are new to the site to supplement the written information.

It is my sincere hope that my site continues to give players a source of information for some of the more unique brands of saxophones that they may encounter. This new version of bassic-sax.ca will hopefully just increase this reach.

Such a labor of luv; you are a true educator. I can remember following with interest you travails associated with your bass sax purchase. I wish more folks would do this but writing is a calling and not for everyone. Thanks for the update Helen.

Back
Top Bottom