Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Bassoon -

Welcome Jan. If you have a moment, tell us a little bit more about yourself here.

We have a couple folks here that play bassoon / double reeds, so hopefully they will chime in.

Not sure about the bassoon coverage but why write 32nd notes at 40 bpm rather than using 16th notes at a faster pace, say 60 bpm? I am not a composer, but as a player I have often wondered about this. Thanks.[/QUOTE

Consider it a test of your eyesight

Not sure about the bassoon coverage but why write 32nd notes at 40 bpm rather than using 16th notes at a faster pace, say 60 bpm? I am not a composer, but as a player I have often wondered about this. Thanks.

Thanks Gandalfe - I hadn't thought that this might be an issue. I guess I could rescore the piece in 4/2 instead of its current 4/4; I didn't think I needed to change the initial time signature when I got to these 32nds.

Do you think I should? Perhaps if others agree...

Always thought the 2nd movement of Beethoven's 5th symphony looked a little awkward with its 32nds in 3/8.

Actually, I just wondered about that. Got paid to play a piece from a new arranger this summer. He changed the time signature every two or three measures and used a lot of hits that were not intuitive. A hard piece to read and even harder to listen to. I wanted to tell him that music didn't have to be that hard to be good. But I didn't know him well enough. Plus he paid the sax quartet $200 to perform the piece at his school. So there's that ...

Someone know where Merlin is? Since he is our resident bassoon expert.... I'm haven't seen him in a bit, and I haven't figured out how to ping someone using the new forum software yet.... Sad, I know.... :confused:

... A hard piece to read and even harder to listen to. I wanted to tell him that music didn't have to be that hard to be good. But I didn't know him well enough. Plus he paid the sax quartet $200 to perform the piece at his school. So there's that ...

I likely would have told him after the cheque cleared.

itd_3d_ani_w60_smiles_044.gif

The one you used to register, yes. Mind you, I have 9 e-mail addresses, counting work. I don't check my e-mail as often as I used to.

Back
Top Bottom