Beaugnier-Made Vito Low A Bari Sax For Sale

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Not that I'm an exception to the rule: I asked Ed if I could post this and he said "yes" :).

========

I have to sell the baritone I bought from Ed just a couple months ago. I'm not playing it enough (I've played it twice since the repair) and my wife is not liking the space it's taking up.

* My review of the horn -- and FULL details.
* Pictures from Ed.

The horn is completely assembled (unlike one of the pics) and the pads along the neck crook (altissimo, octave vents) have been replaced since the pics have been taken.

All the pads seal across the horn, but they're mis-matched. Some have nylon resos, some don't.

The horn is almost completely delacquered. No dents. A couple dings.

Serviceable, probably original, fairly un-smelly (it's two feet away and I can't smell it) case. Semi-beat. Looks OK.

-> $800 US via PayPal <-

Price does not include shipping/packing or a mouthpiece. I'll even ship to Canada if you pay for all that hassle with customs and VAT, CAT, MAT, SAT, PAT, DAT, LAT or whatever.

I'll be selling my Sigurd Rascher bari mouthpiece separately.

You can contact me via PM or e-mail thesaxinfo@gmail.com.

Shipping to Canada is no hassle really, so long as you use USPS. There's just one charge--taxes + customs handling fee--and you pay it at the post office when you pick it up. Sometimes they don't even bother with it!

rory

$800 US via PayPal

OMFG. That's a steal.

Too bad I just bought a bass clarinet...but that extra half tone down (your Bari's low A) isn't worth the extra space.
I still get stern looks from dah missus for buying it, so I think I have to divert my GAS attacks to piccolos or garklein recorders...

I might have to take up the penny whistle.

Nah. It's essentially, "Something that can be stowed in a closet so I'm not tripping over it. Hey, if you were playing GIGS and EARNING some money with it ...."

Nah. It's essentially, "Something that can be stowed in a closet so I'm not tripping over it. Hey, if you were playing GIGS and EARNING some money with it ...."
I'm less verbose. I just say "look at your shoe rack" and that usually fixes things or heaves them back into proportion.

Last edited:
Seriously, the back-and-forth on the bari started when we got married:

Me: Wifepics, you said that you'd support me in anything, right?
WP: ...
Me: And I bought you that piano, right?
WP: ...
Me: I'd like to buy a bari again, someday.
WP: I do NOT want that piece of plumbing in my house!
Me: ...

Alto players. What can you say about 'em?

If I was able to play it daily, it'd be a bit different situation.

But for a serious lack of cash (and enjoying being married) I'd snap this up.:-(

Any trade interest?

Price drop. Now $750.

========

Details I've been asked:

Length, in case: appx. 42 inches.
Height, in case: appx. 15 inches.
Width, in case: appx. 9 inches.
Weight, in case: appx. 29lbs.

(The case is a "form fit" wooden one, thus it doesn't have "consistent" measurements. All these measurements will change when it's packed.)

Ship from zip 85208.

saxpics@gmail.com

The cheapest FredEx shipping is $38, from here to Buffalo, NY (i.e. a random zip code) -- mind you, that's no frills of any kind and just based on "29lbs".

Well, I expected a higher cost, not because of the weight, but because of the size. Packing well will add wieght me thinks. It's getting to the point where I won't buy a book to mail my son in Provo because it makes the book too expensive. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

The example I enjoy using is from the computer world: CRT monitors (i.e. "monitor looks like a TV"):

I can go through a used computer place and get a CRT cheap. Like a 24" CAD monitor for $100. That's a great price. Shipping, however, is by freight. The monitor weighs 150 lbs. The cost to ship is $1.50 per pound ....

However, in this case, shipping doesn't cost that much, unless you wanted overnight.

I was asked on SOTW if I'd ship to the UK. I did a quick check of dhl.com/ups.com and that's north of $325 -- and I don't know if that includes all customs, etc. charges.

Pete, I've put a link to the USPS website on the SotW thread. UPS, Fedex and DHL are way more expensive but are more flexible with size limits. USPS site gives $130 at 35lbs with Priority International (6-10 days). This seems an ok price, as I remember I had to pay around $100 for shipping a tenor to the Netherlands.

As for custom fees and VAT etc, that's a bonus to pay at the receiving end upon delivery, no worries for you.

Size limits for EU shipping with usps is max lenght 60 inches, max lenght and girth combined 108 inches.

Here's the rundown, from the USPS for you UK-ians.

1. The shipping charge should be between $118 and $140 for Postal Priority (cheapest). It depends on the final weight, after packaging. Insured.
2. There are no customs charges on my end. There may be some on the receiving end. You may wish to check with your customs folks. (I did see something online that says Australia doesn't charge any fees if the value of what's being received is under $1000 AUS. USPS didn't have any other info when I called. See the FredEx website for some Customs info, but no actual fees are listed.)
3. I do have to fill out a customs form. I need your real name and a phone number to do that. It's the 2976-A form.
4. Insured value is only $650 maximum, therefore that's what the declared value is. I asked for more and that's not available.

Further, from HaRon:

For any potential EU buyers, import duty on saxes is 3.2% and on top of that you have to pay VAT (percentages are different per EU-country) and maybe some handling fees.

Back
Top Bottom