Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Buffet part

Hey guys, Does anyone out there have or know where to get a C#/F# key for a series 56,000 buffet R-13 clarinet with silver plated keys? I'm doing a overhaul on mine and the buffer/grinder just ate my key beyond repair. Would gratefully appreciate a response either in the forum or in an e-mail. Bugsy j.bagrowski@sbcglobal.net

ouch. What happened to the key ? pictures ?

of course you know the 56xxx series is back in 1955/56 so spare parts are kinda hard to come by and you pay a premium for them. Plus most were not silver plated and you would have to (more than likely) get any replacement part silverplated.

Maybe yours is repairable ?

Steve, Thanks for the reply to the bent up buffet key.I sat and contemplated attempting to repair it and am glad I did. The buffer had grabbed it out of my hand while polishing and it wound up between the buffing wheel and guard and stalled the motor. The key took on the shape of a "C" and the pad cup smashed. I put in several hours straightening everything ,silver soldering the pad arm, and aligning the whole key to seal over the tone whole. Everything is back together now and the horn sounds dynamite,except for a little cosmetic glitch. It now sounds better than my "LL" and my centered tone. Never knew it was made in '56. Thanks. Bugsy

That's great that you were able to save the key. My mentor used to say everything is repairable if you have enough time and money.

welcome to the vintage early Buffet R13, Leblanc LL and Selmer CT club.
There are only a few members ....

great job in fixing the key.

Many years ago when I first started I bought one of those buffers from Home Depot. Adjustable speed (too high, and much too high) but luckily I took off the side cap and quickly had it take a key away from my hand (on multiple occasions). I was lucky enough to not have pieces bent much and I quickly upgraded to a foot speed controlled bench motor spinning the buffer wheel. The home buffer grade stuff spins way too fast.

Back
Top Bottom