Can one of you experts help me identify my clarinet?

Hi There my name is Mike and I purchased a wood clarinet today. I have posted some photos below of what looks like a Getzen Clarinet but the body says "made in france". Do I have a frankenstein clarinet or can someone tell me more about what I have? Thanks in advance.
-M

20210317_123046.jpg
20210317_122952.jpg
20210317_122859.jpg
20210317_122833.jpg

Attachments

• archive (9).zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 154
I also wanted to ask what you think that the serial number says. Is it E2629 or E 2 _ 29 with something other than the 6?

Just another follow up .... I see the upper section for this wood clarinet has an adjustable key and there is no metal liner on the bottom section it attaches to. Im trying to do some homework for the identification to help narrow things down. Maybe the middle section is Malerine since it says made in France? I "Think" I remember this in the shop I bought it from 2 months ago but it had a different bell that read Evette or Evette Schaffer which is why I went back and purchased it. I dont recall this being the same bell or part that attaches the mouthpiece but this one now says Getzen which I understand split off and made his own repair shop in Elkhorn. I have attached another photo in hopes that someone will respond with any questions or to lead me in the right direction.

Its like crickets in here compared to the SOTW website.... HELP :)
20210318_091031.jpg

I would guess it was made by Malerne.
Malerne being located in Paris France.
Malerne serial numbers had a letter prefix A,B,C,D,E etc
one big identifier is the lower joint ring keys, the top pad cup arm which has a bend in it to reach the pad cup up.
So I'd say it was made by Malerne

here's more info ==> https://www.woodwindforum.com/clarinetperfection/malerne/

Evette & Evette & Schaeffer's student & intermediate clarinets were also mostly made by Malerne back then.

Back
Top Bottom