CE Winds Questionable YouTube Advertising

Again, I bring you back to my point regarding billboards, bumper stickers and car wraps. Advertising is EVERYWHERE. Maybe we SHOULD be offended by that, but it's pretty obvious that we're not.

Uh. Speak for yourself. I do find billboards and bumper stickers annoying, and I think that most people do to some degree, if they ever take the time to actually think about it. If I was given the choice of being able to call them up or get rid of them at will, by pushing a button in my car, I'm pretty sure the "Display Advertising" switch would be in the "off" position most of the time.

Uh. Speak for yourself. I do find billboards and bumper stickers annoying, and I think that most people do to some degree, if they ever take the time to actually think about it. If I was given the choice of being able to call them up or get rid of them at will, by pushing a button in my car, I'm pretty sure the "Display Advertising" switch would be in the "off" position most of the time.
But there isn't a switch. How many of us has written his congressman or even some local authority to get advertising restricted in some way or get the zoning laws changed so a billboard isn't allowed? Can advertising even BE restricted? We do have the first amendment in the US that does guarantee freedom of speech -- to a point (example: you can't shout "fire" in a crowded theater, but you can shout "theater" in a crowded fire) -- and that first amendment allows people to have bumper stickers that are profane or (if you're of that persuasion) blasphemous.

("Daddy, what's that word that starts with 'S' on that bumper sticker? I know the 'happens' part.")

For that matter, have you taped over the manufacturer's name on your sax? Have you removed the emblems from your car? Or maybe you've got a big truck with "Ford" on the tailgate. Painted over it?

Maybe I'm just too jaded or I'm from too much of a younger generation: advertising is everywhere.

'Scuse me. I have to go take a shower. Eljin pipes. The toilet's American Standard. The sink, however, isn't marked. And I'll turn off my computer, which has a large "MSI" stamp on the motherboard, which is connected to two Viewsonic monitors, a couple harman/kardon speakers, a Saitek keyboard and a Kensington trackball (which is on a Belkin mousepad).

I looked at the video and just stopped once I figured the rest was an ad for the company. I didn't really mind it. Anyway...

("Daddy, what's that word that starts with 'S' on that bumper sticker? I know the 'happens' part.")

For that matter, have you taped over the manufacturer's name on your sax? Have you removed the emblems from your car? Or maybe you've got a big truck with "Ford" on the tailgate. Painted over it?
A better comparison would be to buy a car and have a sticker with the name of the place you bought it from. Some people would remove it.

Re the 'S', it's harda to believe a small kid wouldn't know this word... but I'm always surprised by how much censoring of curse words you have in USA. It's just not as big deal here I guess.

reminds me of an old t-shirt i had which had a spanish saying in the Coca-Cola script and colors .... "Come-Caca" meant nothing even in the spanish class i was in except to the teacher ...

but if you don't like video advertising in a video that you opened and continued to watch .... well, you have the option of not watching it. As to the potentially offending CA video .. i haven't watched it yet because I have the option of not watching it in part or in whole.

...but if you don't like video advertising in a video that you opened and continued to watch .... well, you have the option of not watching it.

Exactly. And as you stated, one can choose then, in the future, not to watch CEW videos at all. This is not a rant. That's no huge trauma or loss for the consumer, but it could be for CEW. This information is for their benefit.

Back
Top Bottom