Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Clark Fobes Mouthpieces

Regarding the contrabass debut inexpensive plastic model mouthpiece;
I've tried a bunch and it was not that good. Similar to the stock Vito or Leblanc mp's that come with the student model contras.

Anybody ever use the Clark Fobes 6L Jazz....? I would like to try and some feedback would help.... Thanks in advance - Nikolas

Sorry I have not tried the Fobes
I met Clark recently. He's a fine player and technician.
I would also be interested in the jazz model.
Is it a big opening?
I play the Vandoren 5JB.
I want to sound like Anat Cohen.
Anybody know what she uses?

To respond to bobsax, Clark Fobes doesn't focus on his low level inexpensive mouthpieces. I mean, he GIVES his low level pieces away. But if you've got the cash, his higher level mouthpieces are some of the best out there. My Eb, Bb/A, and Bass Clarinet mouthpieces are all his. I also use his Eb extension to help the sound and intonation. He's great, and so are his products. He is also a dealer of some pretty great equipement like the reedgeek, and reeds in general. I thank the universe for Clark Fobes.

To respond to bobsax, Clark Fobes doesn't focus on his low level inexpensive mouthpieces. I mean, he GIVES his low level pieces away. But if you've got the cash, his higher level mouthpieces are some of the best out there. .

Agreed
I went to his house and played his top contrabass mp and compared it to my Grabner.
I couldn't really tell any difference between them. Both are great.

Back
Top Bottom