Couesnon système Dupaquier Low G/Altissmo G C tenor saxophone

You're welcome. I was searching for "Couesnon Catalogue PDF" and, the US spelling, too: "Couesnon Catalog PDF."

That 1915 Sherman catalog has a lot of ad copy I've seen elsewhere for years, but didn't have a source. Like the Buffet stuff on p. 56 and what I had on saxpics.com.

I think we may have killed the Library of Congress server :). However, I've downloaded both that 1915 catalog and the 1924 catalog. They're too big to post here, but if anyone can't get to them and wants them, drop me an e-mail or PM and I'll e-mail them to you. The 1915 catalog is 60mb and the 1924 one is 15mb.

I managed to get the 1915 Sherman document, but your link gave an access denied message (though worked when I just tried it again now, hmmm).

Anyway, over the weekend I deleted the last file name of the pdf in the link, leaving - http://memory.loc.gov/service/gdc/scd0001/2012/20121120001ca/

This gave a list of files - the pdf is at the bottom. Right click the file and choose "Save link as" or whatever your equivalent is in the browser of your choice...

Chris

Currently on a short break in Paris.

While wandering around I came across a workshop with many old clarinets in the window. After emerging an hour later, having had a wonderful discuss about Couesnon instruments with the elderly gent who owned the repair shop, I have seen some amazing things. Amongst them was a Couesnon in F, and I had a very good look at his Dupaquier alto. Amazing to hold it in my hands and have a close look at it. He had other interesting Couesnon too. He had on which had a trill F key on the L little finger table. It has made my holiday!

Chris

61587054.jpg

:p

What I find unusual is that there were so many companies that made F saxophones, particularly in Germanic regions, but I've heard of several French manufacturers, and I haven't seen any of them, outside of catalogs (line art), Conn's horns, and Adolphe Sax's one F alto.

Guilty - I should have taken photographs.

i will be writing to him when I get home to thank him for his time (and ask him for his price on an old sopranino he had...)

i will ask if he has photos he can send me.

Chris, I have installed "Instagram" on my smart phone because I constantly find myself wanting to save a picture for security, community, and musical groups. It is a very powerful and easy to use tool. I really love their filters too because the light is never right to me. It also posts to FB, twitter, and Google automatically if I choose, which is so easy! Just an idea for your consideration ...

LowReeds.JPG

Here is an example, it's kinda fuzzy and not near the quality I can get with my other two fav cameras. BUT, while I alway have my phone on me, I almost never have my camera.

Back
Top Bottom