Do you blog?

I started a blog on my website. I've been meaning to do so for awhile. Never got around to it though. Now is the time. It's somewhat in response to criticism I've received over at that "other" site. More over, I now have a place to express my muses at will. If anyone reading, all the better.

So, do you blog. I'd like to read up on you guys thoughts.

Criticism from eBay!?!:-:)twisted:

Try not to let the punks on there ruin your day. I just added my 2nd member to my ignore list, the other listee was banned moments after getting put on my list. It is better to give than receive, especially where ulcers are concerned. It is still mostly the same is it always was. Some come some go... It's sad you left.

About blogging, I just don't have the inclination to do it myself. I already waste too much time online as it is.

Last edited:
I tend to use my blog to park thangs I want to show my family/friends, to use with my students or when jamming with da guyz. If someone finds it interesting, so much the better. But having blogged extensively helped me get my current job too, so I shouldn't discount that. :cool:

Ed Calle, from the Miami Jazz Saxophone Quartet and smooth jazz fame, referred to my Myspace page as my "blog" so maybe I have one. I don't do regular internet dialog, but I add stuff to my page often and I try to answer questions. The comments have been positive and the experience has been a lot of fun. I try to stick to saxophone stuff only. I get lots of responses from Europe and South America.

My professional musical activities are actually quite commercial and mainstream. My internet discussions are mostly concerned with my idiosyncrasies, things that I do that no one else, or almost no one else does. That said, with the world available via the internet, it's surprising how many others enjoy my interests.

My web designer suggested a blog on my website in May: mostly to replace the "News" section of my site that was so outdated, that it really was more 'history' than 'news'. I really had no feelings one way or the other about at the time, so I said sure, if that helps me keep my site more current.

I had been using Contribute by Macromedia to do my News updates, but it kept adding all this extraneous code, that it made site updates more time consuming for her.

My hosting company provides Wordpress blog software for its clients, so that's what I use on my site. Works great. Endless possibilities for customization if you host your Wordpress blog.

You can find the link in my signature line.

And BTW, welcome to the forum tjontheroad! Nice to see you here.

I've often thought about doing a blog, but I think I'd get e-mails from people asking me why I'm not working on the 14 or so different projects I've mentioned that I'd like to do :).

Our Ed has a blog of sorts at http://woodwindforum.com and a true blog at http://ejsvoboda.com

It's only been very recently that new instruments have started to interest me, so if I did a sax blog, the content would be 20+ years old. That's "build a website" not "blog" material.

A personal blog? Hmmm. I've got a good creative writing background and I've been published elsewhere -- and I'm mildly famous for saxpics.com and such -- but I don't know if people want to hear my opinions on, say, why the D-Backs really suck this year and how to fix 'em (get Mark Grace to stop being an announcer and get him back playing first base; I like Randy Johnson, but he can't pitch like he used to and needs to retire, 12 wins short of 300).

I think my "blog" is really posting here and the couple other techie forums I belong to. In all those places I not only "talk" with people I know, they'll also give me honest feedback. Hey, the wife says I should interact with people more.

(The only one regret I have is that I'm a fan of anime -- Japanese animation -- and I have yet to find a website that isn't WAAAAAY over the top. Think Star Wars Geek x 100. Hey, I liked Evangelion because of the story and characters. Forgive me if I can't remember -- or care -- what color Gendo's eyes are. I just want someone to suggest some similar works I might like.)

Criticism from eBay!?!:-:)twisted:

Try not to let the punks on there ruin your day. I just added my 2nd member to my ignore list, the other listee was banned moments after getting put on my list. It is better to give than receive, especially where ulcers are concerned. It is still mostly the same is it always was. Some come some go... It's sad you left.

About blogging, I just don't have the inclination to do it myself. I already waste too much time online as it is.

I wish some people would put me on their ignore list ;) I still lurk over there. It's a hard habit to break.

And BTW, welcome to the forum tjontheroad! Nice to see you here.

Thx

I've often thought about doing a blog, but I think I'd get e-mails from people asking me why I'm not working on the 14 or so different projects I've mentioned that I'd like to do :).

Our Ed has a blog of sorts at http://woodwindforum.com and a true blog at http://ejsvoboda.com

It's only been very recently that new instruments have started to interest me, so if I did a sax blog, the content would be 20+ years old. That's "build a website" not "blog" material.

A personal blog? Hmmm. I've got a good creative writing background and I've been published elsewhere -- and I'm mildly famous for saxpics.com and such -- but I don't know if people want to hear my opinions on, say, why the D-Backs really suck this year and how to fix 'em (get Mark Grace to stop being an announcer and get him back playing first base; I like Randy Johnson, but he can't pitch like he used to and needs to retire, 12 wins short of 300).

I think my "blog" is really posting here and the couple other techie forums I belong to. In all those places I not only "talk" with people I know, they'll also give me honest feedback. Hey, the wife says I should interact with people more.

(The only one regret I have is that I'm a fan of anime -- Japanese animation -- and I have yet to find a website that isn't WAAAAAY over the top. Think Star Wars Geek x 100. Hey, I liked Evangelion because of the story and characters. Forgive me if I can't remember -- or care -- what color Gendo's eyes are. I just want someone to suggest some similar works I might like.)

Pete, I'd read your blog. Even about anime. There's yet another project for you. NOW GET TO WORK ;)

Nice site

As Pete pointed out I have a blog. I haven't posted anything in a while but I have a blog. I need to get back to being more diligent about posting. Gandalfe is the model of consistency in that area. His blog also has a great look and feel to go along with interesting posts.

Back
Top Bottom