Exposition universelle de Paris Exhibitors, 1798-1900

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Good things occasionally happen when you're browsing for something else.

I found an eBay ad from one of my favorite sellers, intofoc.usmontreal, aka Randy Cole. It's an interesting looking bari sax. However, if you read down the ad copy a bit, you'll see that he mentions that he found a PDF of, "... a document containing relevant presenters at the annual world exhibitions in the late 19th Century." The link he had is dead, but the Internet Wayback Machine saves us again. I downloaded a copy and I attach it here, for your enjoyment. It's in French. Sorry about that. However, it's super easy to do a search on a particular name. You'll also learn quickly that "Instruments à vent" is "woodwinds" and "instruments à vent en cuivre" is "brasswinds."

Attachments

• Exponationale1978_1900.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 904
Glad I checked further, too. The original website is http://www.iremus.cnrs.fr, which has a bunch of different music-related stuff. I also did a search for "Exposition universelle de Paris," and got all this. A lot of the linked pages are broken, but you can try Archive.org and regular Google searches. I did that for the 1867 Expo article, because I knew that A. Sax won a gold medal. It's not in Archive.org, but it's on the web.

Back
Top Bottom