Fall back ... again.

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
Seriously, is it that time again? Saw this and thought I'd share.

TurnClocksBack!.jpg

Dark in the morning versus dark in the late afternoon. Who cares? I'm retired! Although I do enjoy having happy hour with a bit of sunshine.

Attachments

• DSCF0110 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0110 (Medium).JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 294
I noticed a few years ago the local news stations started bitching about the time changes. Is this a localized thing, or are other places in North American--and the world for that matter--that change times in spring and fall also complaining about this change? And if there are complaints, who is driving these complaints?

I am not sure there isn't complainers about every aspect of our lives. Being flexible is the key to longevity methinks. Yeah, it's a pain to set the clocks back. Such is live, always something else that must be done. When I think of the things I'd like to contribute time to: makin' music, supporting universal health care, curing the opioid epidemic, well ... the clock thing is such small potatoes.

As an early riser, the last month of DST is an annoyance. Enough of this regimentation. Let's each pick our own time! FREE THE CLOCK

Let's see if I can say this right:

In northern AZ, there's an Indian* tribe that does use DST. Inside that tribe is another tribe that doesn't. Inside that tribe is another that does. I think this is in maybe 100 sq miles.

-----------
* "Native Peoples," if you prefer.

I noticed a few years ago the local news stations started bitching about the time changes.
I believe it's really *just* the media complaining. At least in the US. I know that there are places all over the world that use some version of DST.

There has been some interest in stopping DST because we don't farm as much in the US, anymore. I know it'd make programmers happier. Well, a bit.

I remember doing support back when DST was modified for some reason or another. It created IT havoc costing industry an estimated one billion dollars. The reason for doing so had something to do with.....I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth it.

I remember a few years ago when George W decided to tweak DST and start it earlier and end it a bit later. The rationale for it was that it would save energy.

Here in Australia, when dst was first introduced the farmers got a bit excited about it, and one complained that the increased hours of sunshine would cause the paint on his house to fade more quickly.

Back
Top Bottom