For children only?

The link between beginners and parents in the thread title suggests this might be only for children. Can the one who created this thread shed some light on what the original intention was for the expected category of posters? I'm on old geezer picking up clarinet and flute after more than 50 years playing sax, and was hoping this might be a fresh new source of information to prevent unnecessary wrong foot approaches, i.e., staying on the fast track to successful doubling.

We're hitting both categories. The Late Bloomer and the true beginner who has a parent searching for instruments and advice.

There. Fixed. Good call on pointing it out.

:D

One of the more interesting things I've done was teach beginning clarinet lessons to someone that was about 3 times my age. It's an interesting thing to try to keep in mind "I'm the teacher" and "respect your elders" at the same time.

pete said:
One of the more interesting things I've done was teach beginning clarinet lessons to someone that was about 3 times my age. It's an interesting thing to try to keep in mind "I'm the teacher" and "respect your elders" at the same time.
I prefer teaching elders; they tend to be well... more mature.

As a late bloomer clarinet student who stays in touch with his inner child, I don't see how I can go wrong monitoring this thread. - ;^)

Well, as y'all know this forum's fairly new. I've mentioned some things to the Admin staff that I'd like to play with, so we'll see how that goes.

Trying to be inclusive without going too overboard, if there is such a thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom