Happy Holidays All

Merlin

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to all of the Woodwind Forum members and staff!

I'm kicking back having a wonderful cup of coffee thanks to my new Aeropress this morning, and looking forward to lots of reading and Wii gaming for the rest of the day.

I may even take the day off from flute practice.

Merry Christmas to all of the Woodwind Forum members and staff!

I'm kicking back having a wonderful cup of coffee thanks to my new Aeropress this morning, and looking forward to lots of reading and Wii gaming for the rest of the day.

I may even take the day off from flute practice.
Gasp! A day without practice? Where on earth did you get that concept? :D

Merry Christmas to everyone inside and out!

(I've finally gotten around to adjust the pads on my Martin Busine honker and - how festive - noodled on some Klezmer stuff. Oy gevalt, pretty weird to do that on a sax, without all the familiar boehm fingerings)

I just finished playing two Christmas banquets today for the two antique car clubs that my wife and I belong to. I have an amateur car club band that plays car shows and picnics during the summer car season. This is our winter activity. A great day with warm feelings of the season, and even a little snow here in New Jersey. And plenty of good food, music, and love.

I wish the same for you, Gandalfe.

Julian

Thanks G. The same to you and everyone else who visits us.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a great New Year to all of you.

Best wishes for you and your families, and let's hope that 2010 is better than the last one!

Since today is the 25th, I just wanted to wish those of you who do celebrate the day, a Merry Christmas.

I did up an e-Christmas card and put it up on my web site. You can find it here. The original photo was taken almost a year to the day, in my backyard. Then through the wonders of Photoshop (or this one was actually PaintShop Pro Photo, but I use both) & a few hours of my time, presto: A bass sax-themed Christmas card.

I also did up my own twist on 'Twas The Night Before Christmas. If you liked the original, and you're a sax player, you might enjoy the updated version. Think of this as an open source project. :-D If you'd like to make it better for next year, feel free to submit new verses via the comment box, or to me via email.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Disclaimer: No bass saxophone were harmed in the making in either one of the above-noted images.

Both of those are very cool Helen. You are very creative.

I'm sitting here listening to the Diana Krall Christmas Album. One of my other favorites is the
Singers Unlimited Christmas Album.

Does anyone else have any favorite Christmas recordings, jazz or otherwise?

John

Does anyone else have any favorite Christmas recordings, jazz or otherwise?

John

My personal favorite is Christmas at Boot's Place. Arrangements by Tommy Newsom, and a bunch of Tonight Show guys as the sidemen.

Merry Christmas to all from icy, rainy, soggy Illinois.

Merry belated Christmas and a happy new one from my side as well.

While you all have your festive stuff still on your music stands, we'd need some suggestions for cool jazzy/swingy holiday tunes arrangements for a concert band of roughly 12 players (we've good success with Let it Snow, Rudolph, Winter Wonderland, Wonderland by Night). For next year, that is. We're starting to build up something the remotely resembles an "opportunity repertoire".

Must be reasonably simple to play for folks half freezing to death (one doesn't do so great with volta and coda brackets when one is distracted by icicles forming in one's nostrils). So, make it 8-player-combo-able.

Happy, happy. Merry, merry.

===========

Making a long story shorter, did y'all know Burger King's open on Christmas? It was also fairly crowded ....

(Yes, I did get together with my various kids, wife, and in-laws, but there were some interesting complications that would take too long to explain.)

Happy Holidays to all.

I've been traveling for the last four days.

Happy Holidays Everyone

With this being Christmas Eve, I just wanted to wish all those who celebrate it, a wonderful Christmas. May you have a wonderful holiday, surrounded by your family and friends.

Warmest Regards,

Helen

My best wishes for a joyous season of the year as well. From today's newspaper.

Christmas is a time Christians go to church and say to "Merry Christmas" to one another.

Christmas is a time Jewish people go to synagogues and say, "Happy Hanukkah".

Christmas is a time atheists drink a lot and say to each other, "Look out for that wall".

To all my friends on Woodwind Forum: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and (just to be sure) Look out for those walls.

John

Back
Top Bottom