Help a Brother Out?

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
As some of you might know, I'm doing some writing about the Mark VI on my blog. One of the things I wanted to do is find the *best* and *biggest* pictures of each pitch. However, a funny thing's happened over the past few years: Mark VIs in any finish other than lacquer are difficult to come by!

So, if you've got a Mark VI that's original finish and NOT lacquer, please send me some really big pics. (OK, if you have a really minty lacquer horn, you can send me big pics of those, too.)

If you're wondering, here are the finishes:

* "US" Lacquer
* "French" Lacquer (Selmer mentions these two on their website)
* Colored Lacquer (white, black and rose, IIRC)
* Lacquer with Nickel Plated Keys
* Lacquer with Silver Plated Keys
* Nickel Plate
* Silver Plate
* (Possibly) Silver Plate with Gold Plated Keys (Still trying to determine if this was actually offered. There are a few replated horns in this finish.)
* Gold Plate

... Rounding this out is a possibility of Sparkle Lacquer -- most famously used on the Buffet SuperDynaction.

I can tell you there is a change in the lacquer between my 1960 alto and my 1969 tenor. I'm not sure when they changed the formula though.

I can tell you there is a change in the lacquer between my 1960 alto and my 1969 tenor. I'm not sure when they changed the formula though.
Yah. It's also mentioned at selmer.fr.

yeah, the lacquer is older too on the 1960 horn vs the 1969 horn :)

Back
Top Bottom