Holiday Sax Fun

Pete: I laugh every time you post this with the tone-comment. I will resist any comment beyond that for fear of insulting those who think that video clip is "awesome, dude." DAVE

Pete: I laugh every time you post this with the tone-comment. I will resist any comment beyond that for fear of insulting those who think that video clip is "awesome, dude." DAVE
It's the saxophone version of Rick Rolling.

It was on-topic, tho :).

I've gotta play a little of A Charlie Brown Christmas. Doesn't have any sax, but it's a nice jazz sountrack, nonetheless. Check out the NPR story.

Sorry I don't have any recordings of these two tunes, at least with me on them, but last Sunday at Steamers Cafe in Fullerton, CA, our band (the Golden Eagle Jazz Band) played two "Christmas" tunes, both from the 1920's jazz era . . . AT THE CHRISTMAS BALL and SANTA CLAUS BLUES. We play these two tunes only during the Christmas season, but they are good ones.

Pete, I wasn't exactly Rick-rolled into following your link. I knew what was coming but I wanted to again see just how awful that is. It was good for a laugh. DAVE

It occurred to me that some members might be able to make holiday recordings but don't have a way to post them online. If that is so, send the MP3s to me via email. I'll post them in my playalongstudio website's space and send you links that you can use to announce the tunes here or in messages to your friends. I'll leave all such tunes posted during the holidays.

Happy holidays.

Back
Top Bottom