How do you deal with "Honey I have a new horn"

I will have to use some of the excuses (I mean justification) presented in this thread since I just bought a Low A Yani stencil to go with my other Low A Yani stencil.

Justification - I really like my Yani Low A in spite of it not being the most pretty horn ever. It plays really well and I can get the sound that is in my head with it. On Sunday I had to play my King Tempo Low B flat since the Yani is being attended to for some leaks. I'm playing a lot of stuff that has Low A's and as a result I'm not sure that the B flat is a viable performance backup for me. The JK is a fine horn but has a different vibe than what I'm after.

Oh Pete, you're a bad, bad, man. You had to point that out to me...That's less than 20 minutes from my house...Oh you're so bad....:emoji_imp:

Must...resist...temptation...to...phone...

Luckily today is a holiday here in Canada, and since he only posts a work number, he won't be there, and by tomorrow I'll have talked myself out of call him....I hope. :emoji_astonished:

Looks very shiny. :-D

Congrats! Good luck with selling you VII. Do you have a buyer lined up already?

Looks good. The buyer really wants it, but needs to scrape together the cash. I think it will happen.

So in other words, you need a back-up for your back-up?

It will either be the main horn or the backup. The King Tempo will be sold provided I do like the Yani that arrives. I'm pretty sure I will like it. Like any bari I expect it will need some TLC before it's really tight.

We discuss any potential purchases first. Sometimes for quite a while...

Saxophones? That's nothing. Chump change. With me it was, "Honey, I'm buying another airplane."

The nicest reception I ever got from her was when I said, "Bad news, Honey. We're selling the Mooney. The medical examiner says I may not fly anymore."

Saxophones? That's nothing. Chump change. With me it was, "Honey, I'm buying another airplane."

The nicest reception I ever got from her was when I said, "Bad news, Honey. We're selling the Mooney. The medical examiner says I may not fly anymore."

Great perspective Al. The next time I come home with a horn I'm going to tell my wife - "yeah it's another saxophone but at least I didn't buy an airplane". Should keep me in her good graces. :emoji_smile:

Back
Top Bottom