I need more bass!

Merlin

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
So I got me one of these:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/synergy-sub-12.aspx

12" cone w/300w continuous power

First thing we did was put in Jurassic Park, scene 11, turned up to 11!

400x400.aspx

Well, I could always use more bass ... but I'd like to keep my wife somewhat happy.

One of the things I generally do is watch videos on my computer. I now have a 22" 1080p widescreen LCD, so I have a good thing to view. I finally disconnected my harman/kardon high-end speakers in favor of a 5.1 headphone.

I'm fairly happy with them.

More bass!

I definitely like a lot of bass :)mrgreen:), and listen to a lot of music on my computer. I ended up getting cheap satellite/subwoofer combinations from CA (about $75 each), one for my home computer, one for my office computer, and one for our cabin @ Bodega Bay. Since the only thing I play these days (not counting live music) is mp3s anyway, the fidelity of these speakers turns out to be just fine.

Now, plug in your subwoofer, and watch/listen to Dragon's First Flight :D

Enjoy,

Grant

Back in the day Microsoft came out with Microsoft Speakers with a very nice bass speaker. It didn't sell well enough as most gamers then would spend more on their computers and nothing on their speakers. So Microsoft offered them to employees with what amounted to their cost. I've had these for more than ten years, at work and home, and they are very nice.

After the big earthquake in Seattle a few years ago I was sampling a video with an F14 jet. Hey, it was early in the morning so I had the volume turned up. One of the fellows down the hall came in and said that for a moment he thought the earthquake was happening again. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom