Identification of my old Buffet and Bob Mario mouthpiece

Hi,
I just got my clarinet overhauled for a Christmas present from my son. Wow! what a great job the shop did! I haven't played it since about 1972 and haven't played it regularly since 1968. I'm having a lot of fun. According to the shop, I own a very old Buffet. My dad bought it for my in about 1962 when I made 1st chair 1st clarinet. He purchased a "more open" mouthpiece for me from Bob Mario at about the same time. I wanted to play Dixieland music and did. The only identifier on the Clarinet that I can find is the number 26.116. That's it. On the mouthpiece it is inscribed with S/S on the back and toward the bottom "Bob Mario" Additionally, after looking at it further I noticed a very light inscription 045. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

The only identifier on the Clarinet that I can find is the number 26.116.
Serial number maps to 1939, provided you have a professional Bb soprano. Other levels and pitches (student or intermediate; bass clarinet, alto clarinet, etc.) follow different serial number charts. More info: https://www.woodwindforum.com/clarinetperfection/buffet.

On the mouthpiece it is inscribed with S/S on the back and toward the bottom "Bob Mario" Additionally, after looking at it further I noticed a very light inscription 045. Any help would be appreciated.
The number is probably the tip opening. This is probably the same mouthpiece.

The second link says these were possibly based on Chedeville blanks and it's selling for $150, which is around the price for non-custom new professional mouthpieces, like my old Selmer C85/120 ($139).

Considering this was pretty easy to Google, I'll say you're all set! Have fun exploring.

Back
Top Bottom