Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Interchangable Necks Bundy 2

I have a Bundy 2 Alto now and need a neck for it. I am looking for somone who knows what it will be interchangable with (looking at a Vito neck on ebay). Also if anyone has one for sale for a good price please contact me. Thank you

Your best bet is to find another Bundy or Bundy II and use that neck. The Buescher Aristocrat necks are the same as well.

Selmer Signets of course will fit too. I swapped a neck from a Signet to a Bundy, big improvement in sound. But Ed is right, you're better off with trying to find another Bundy. Often, a complete Bundy will be available for next to nothing on Ebay. Usually the sax is pretty beat, but you only need the neck, right ? Plus side is, you'll have a spare sax for any possible parts you might need later. However, Bundys are known for being rather solidly built, so replacement parts probably won't be something you'll need much of, if ever.

A Vito neck could be *made* to fit, but it wouldn't be worth the effort.

BTB, welcome to the forum :).

1. "Vito" could mean a horn made by Vito in Wisconsin, Beaugnier in France, Jupiter in Taiwan or Yamaha in Japan. The Bundy II was only made by Selmer USA -- the former Buescher Company -- in the USA.
2. The Bundy II is a student horn that you can buy -- in really good shape -- for about $200 on eBay.
3. You might even be able to contact Conn-Selmer and get a new old-stock Bundy II neck.

If I was missing a neck for a Bundy II and the rest of the horn was really good, I'd look to spend no more than about $50. If it was more expensive and I needed to replace my student horn, I'd look at getting a used Yamaha YAS-23.

I believe that Selmer USA is out of necks for the altos . . . or so I was told by someone who should know.

Back
Top Bottom