Is this Yani worth its price?

Hiya all!

I'm in the process of buying a new alto, and I found a local guy selling a Yanagisawa A900. The horn is app. 20 years old and apparently has not been played much, but some nevertheless. According to the seller its in very good condition and completely playable, and I'm going to personally try it out as soon as possible. However, as I'm not much of an expert, I'm wondering whether or not a price of 900 euros (app. 1150 USD) is reasonable for this horn.

Note that instruments in general are more expensive here in Finland than the US. For comparison, a new Yani A901 -cheapest one I can find locally - is 2222 euros (app. 2850 USD).

Hopefully someone will be able to impart some wisdom on this matter :) thanks guys

Thanks for your reply. I bought the sax today (wohoo), at a price of €850, which I'm completely satisfied with. It works great and the sound is incredibly better than the one I got from my old rental horn.

-Pauli

Congrats Pauli,

The A900 was my first alto and I'm still loving it. Have fun with it, if in decent shape you got it at a good price being in the Eurozone.

Back
Top Bottom