Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

ISO Selmer Model 67 low C bass

Thanks Gandalfe! Looks like this example only goes to Eb Is there a 1430 model that goes to low C?
Nope, Selmer USA doesn't make low C basses, only Selmer Paris. Unfortunately a used or new low C is going to ve rather exepensive...the two cheapest Selmers with a low C on eBay are 5k and 5300. If you want to stay with Selmers, I would recommend also looking at the model 37, which isn't that different, and might be cheaper.

As far as I know, the only lower priced low C basses are the Kessler and the Ridenhour. There is some discussion on the relative merits of both horns here in the bass clarinet forum.

I will say this about my Selmer Privilege Model 67 to low C, I have never had to use the low C. But then I'm a doubler. If I had it to do over, I'd go for the regular to Eb bass clarinet because it's lighter. The extra money, maintenance, and weight coupled with the low frequency of low C's in music make it an iffy investment. YMMV.

Thanks for your response! The points you make are valid, and make perfect sense. This is my primary instrument which is why I am looking for the low C, but perhaps I should give it some further consideration. It does seem more difficult, not to mention more expensive, to find a decent used low C instrument. And it is hard enough to keep the low Eb instrument I am using in playable condition; I might need to buy two low C and rotate them. LOL

Side note: I used to take the bus. LOL. Now my commute to work has me padding in stockings to my office in our house.

I only have the low C bass clarinet And it rarely gets played, but it is a gorgeous Selmer Privilège and helps me sound creditable on the few occasions that I actually get to play it.

It's pretty too.
logo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom