K&K Cxm5 sax mics

It is all a matter of taste. So, hook up all the microphones and blast away. DAVE
Actually, although I posted that evil link :emoji_rage: I did point some key people in some of the bands I play with to your observations earlier in this thread. I think we don't need mic's and a bad gig this weekend actually supported that conclusion. So don't feel like you are whistling in the wind.

Well, thanks for corroborating my minority viewpoint (or maybe NOT minority - I suppose we'll never know). I'll accept that some situations (such as the linked clip) may be appropriate for mic'ing, but I'm also guessing that most of us who post here and elsewhere aren't in those playing situations (or could survive without the amplified distortion). DAVE

What about in this scenario, could a un-mic'd sax make it? It's not my space nor interest, but I just sayin...

http://gandalfe.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!51AA828BCB20646!3937.entry

I don't know how I could have missed that blog post of yours Jim. I must have been asleep at the switch. :oops:

We've got some video footage of some festival shows, but the files are way too big. I haven't quite figured out how to compress them without losing all the quality. Once I do, I'll get some up. Then that will give you a better idea of what my working situation is.

We've got a couple great outdoor festival shows coming up this summer. So if the weather cooperates, we should be able to get a couple minutes of video of the improvised solis that Art (the guitar player) and I play. They are actually really cool. We've done them live a couple of times now, and the audience reaction has been extremely positive.

I don't compress, I excerpt videos. But I'm not a pro and haven't really even really delved into the tools and processes to do this well. Heck, I'm not *even* spending enough time on my instruments. So I start a recording and cut it off with the video cam. Kinda low tech at this point. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Back
Top Bottom