Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Keilwerth: Bass Sax

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I had an e-mailer, the other day, that has an interesting bass sax. It's a Toneking and it has the same engraving as 1930ish JK Tonekings, but it's not made by JK. It's a Rene Guenot.

What's the earliest JK bass model? I've only seen and heard of SX-90s.

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
I recently saw a JK-made Toneking. I forgot if the serial # was listed or not. I'll have to dig around a bit to see where it was, and if I have saved the pics...

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
The Toneking-actually-Rene-Guenot bass I mention above is pictured here (Google drive folder) and is side-by-side compared to the Rene Guenot bass here, at the bottom of the article. My e-mailer (Sam) may have also contacted you in the past. However, if you have pics of another Toneking bass, that'll be very interesting.

Attachments

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
The horn that I saw for sale for at a music store in Europe. Someone who writes to me regularly sent me the link. I checked and I didn't save the pics, so I will have to go back and find the email, and see if I can still find the original sale somewhere.

Did this owner recently buy the horn? I'm wondering if it's the same one.

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Survey says ... no. At least a year, going by dates mentioned.

In any event, I'm not particularly interested in my e-mailer's horn -- for the purposes of this thread, at least. Other than to note that it's not a Keilwerth :).

Top Bottom