Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Keilwerth Toneking 3000 Jazzophone

Apologies for my ignorance but I don't understand the meaning. If it is not played with a reed the statement seems like an oxymoron to me, but perhaps that is just me (after subtracting "oxy"). Perhaps you could kindly elaborate.
To me, it just means that it is a standard Trumpet in Bb that has been bent be held like a saxophone - curvy mouthpipe (neck), valves to be pressed like a saxophone's keys.

I think it shouldn't be too difficult to bend a project trumpet off eBay like this. Whether or not it'd become a collector item, or only reasonably plays in tune, that I don't know.

I think the horn is a collector's dream
This much I figured out. After all Gandalfe bought it. Just didn't grasp why. Hardly as obvious as a straight bari. That one went straight to the heart. I gave my teacher the 2008 sax calender and every now and then, he will start asking questions about what it is like to play, how it sounds etc, which I cannot answer because I did not have the guts to buy it.

To me, it just means that it is a standard Trumpet in Bb that has been bent be held like a saxophone - curvy mouthpipe (neck), valves to be pressed like a saxophone's keys.
OK, bent trumpet. From looking at the beast, I still think it screams for a reed and Eddie Harris.

Back
Top Bottom