Looking for bands to work with improv-based score

Roger Aldridge

Composer in Residence
Distinguished Member
I'm looking for some adventurous bands to work with NEW TANGO NO. 1: MOVEMENT. It's a contemporary jazz piece that explores a dynamic tension between time/free-time and structure/improvisation. The score is on my Americn Music Center page. A link to the AMC is in my signature. At my AMC page, click on the compositions tab and scroll down the music list to this piece.

The piece has a great deal of freedom. Players can take it in any number of directions.

Please look it over and if interested contact me to talk about it.

THANKS, Roger

Scroll down a bit further in the list. It's there. Thanks!

You shouldn't need to do any searches. Let's try it from the top. :)

Use the AMC link in my signature to go to my AMC Info page. From there:

* Above my picture and to the left is a Compositions tab. (I've already given the AMC tech guy feedback that the color of the tab is the same color as the background!)

* Click on the Compositions tab.

* That will take you to a page that has a listing of all of the compositions I've posted there. You'll see a lot of pieces listed...close to 40, I think.

* Scroll down. (The entries appear to be in Composed Date order. Look for the pieces composed in 2010) You should see New Tango No. 1: Movement listed directly under Baltimore Rowhouse.

Click on the name of the piece and it will take you to a screen that has information about the music. The PDF icon contains the score.

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks for checking out the music. Much Appreciated!

Roger

Back
Top Bottom