Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Mahillon

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
mahillong.jpg

I need to find one of these. Interesting looking horn!

So far, no luck finding any more saxophones, but I did find another version of the "medallion" that's on the bell.

Belgie_klein.jpg

There is also a little write-up on Victor Charles Mahillon there.

From what I understand, reading a few other websites that are in French -- and that makes my head hurt -- Mahillon worked with A. Sax, probably on brasswinds.

From "100+1 Saxen"

This Mahillon 1878 tenor saxophone is almost identical to tenors made by Adolphe Sax up until that time. Mahillon was the biggest woodwind shop in Brussels by 1856. They made good but not innovative instruments.

Last edited:
Besides, what I saw from Randy wasn't in German anyway. Translation in French... Not gonna happen since I don't speak or read the language. :emoji_relaxed: Translation from German... Possible for smaller projects for special people. Speaking of which... I think I promised to take a look at the Kohlert catalog you have Pete. If you still want me to do that, I'd be happy to. I do have a copy somewhere on my PC, and I know you have it in your new Gallery.

Sure! If it isn't too much of a bother. No hurry.

Now, if that book's also in English, I'm much more interested ....

First, I'll mention that you folks around Belgium have been holding out on me: I just stumbled onto http://www.2ememain.be, which appears to be a free Craigslist/eBay 'site. It looks like I need to play there for a bit. Second, there's a Mahillon low B alto there for sale. Pity there's not a better picture of the badge, tho.

I was actually doing some brief research on another brand from Brussles, L Decart & Freres.

Back
Top Bottom