Music Trade Review/Presto Magazine

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I'm retooling my various blogs. I'm moving all my "interesting websites" posts here.

============

I came across this when I was researching Courturier saxophones (maybe more on that at a later time). Let me quote from the website:

The Music Trade Review was published out of New York from 1878 until at least 1956. It apparently suspended publication with the January 1933 issue. Publication was resumed under different management sometime between 1937 and 1940. Our online library contains issues from 1880 to 1933, and from 1940 to 1954. Additional years are available for review at a number of libraries. Search www.worldcat.org for more information about the holdings of other libraries, or ask your local librarian for assistance.

Please note that in addition to issues of the Music Trade Review here, we also have an extensive collection online of a similar publication, Presto Magazine.

If you are enjoying the issues of Music Trade Review here, and are interested in antique mechanical music machines, we recommend taking a look at the web site of The Musical Box Society International. Without the support of MBSI, these issues would not be online here today.

Linky: http://www.arcade-museum.com/mtr/

Very, very kewl. Searchable, too!

I had some problems opening the PDFs on this website. If you open a page and the PDF doesn't load for you, in the lower left hand of each "issue" I opened, there's a link in the form of "pdf only: MTR-1880-3-10-01.pdf" and that seemed to work a lot better for me.

Back
Top Bottom