My bassoon is bleeding

I have a Moosmann bassoon, two years old, and the bell began to bleed: a red drop made a track into the instrument (see pict).
The answer of the producer was: the wax is worn out and the stain detached. It will cost me 300 euro's to repair. A bassoon of 20 years old didn't had this problem untill now. Anyone here with the same experience? I think the bell wasn't okay from the beginning, since no one ever had this problem before? It seems unfair that I have to pay the reparation.

pict.jpg

Can you explain how this is an actual problem? Does it affect playability in any way?
No it doesn't, that was indeed the first reply of the music store when I contacted them. But hey, If you buy a brand new jacquet and next day the colour disappears, you don't want an answer like 'he keeps you warm anyway', do you?

I'm not sure how one stops a stain at some point from running. Other than using a sealant which would, for those really minutely analyzing it, may leave a super thin solid surface. I'm sure that sealant would at some level prevent the bell from responding to sound vibrations et all.

I'm not a bassoon repair person so I'm not really acquainted with all things bassoon.

Back
Top Bottom