Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

New Musical Toys for Christmas

2021 Christmas Bump!

I received something sort-of musical: my mom sent me cash and she always tells me that I have to get something for myself, and not to spend it on bills. So, I took about $50 and bought a cheap virtual reality headset. Quick review: it fascinated my wife and daughter #2. I was a bit more meh. There's a grid of tiny boxes in the optics, somewhere, and that makes even 4K video look poor. It's not for someone who has relatively wide glasses (me, but I have a more round old pair). I would be interested in trying/buying whatever new set Oculus has next Black Friday/ Cyber Monday. Hey, it's $50 vs. $300 ... although you do need a smart phone for the $50 one.

The musical part is that you can watch music vids and there are some that are available in 4K 360 VR on YouTube.

Also, while I have a nice chair, I have a bad back. I got a gel-filled lumbar support pillow. It works quite well.

Once again, I got nothing. The GAS bug is definitely diminishing with age. I did get a nice present from AT&T back in November. My wife and I both had obsolete cellphones (iPhone 5C and 5S). We had just about decided that would be our Christmas present to each other, when AT&T sent us a letter saying the phones would stop working in February 2022. And, oh by the way, we are sending you new phones for free. I thought maybe they would send some ancient refurbished 7 or 8 series, but instead we got two brand new iPhone XRs. Granted that model is from 2018, but they are still selling for $499 / $599.

I finally sprung for a bass guitar case, just in case I ever get good enough to attend a practice session with a group that wishes I could join them. Of course, I had to get some stickers to personalize the case. (I'd run out of stickers from my secret stash.) I have had stickers on my cases since I added the Rose Bowl sticker to my alto sax case in high school.
1641153539810.png

Once again, I got nothing. The GAS bug is definitely diminishing with age. I did get a nice present from AT&T back in November. My wife and I both had obsolete cellphones (iPhone 5C and 5S). We had just about decided that would be our Christmas present to each other, when AT&T sent us a letter saying the phones would stop working in February 2022. And, oh by the way, we are sending you new phones for free. I thought maybe they would send some ancient refurbished 7 or 8 series, but instead we got two brand new iPhone XRs. Granted that model is from 2018, but they are still selling for $499 / $599.
Hmmm. I have an iPhone XR just lying around ...

Hmmm. I have an iPhone XR just lying around ...
Which is currently on ebay and I've got bids!

I have another couple older phones, too. Let's see what happens!

---------------

Computer guy comments:
* If you happen to have a phone that is bulging, even a little, you need to trash it per your city/village/hamlet codes or get that battery removed and replaced by a professional. DO NOT leave it connected to a charger.
* The #2 reason why anyone should upgrade to any new phone is if the phone they have can't be updated to the latest and greatest OS. Considering that a lot of people have a lot of personal info on their phones, this is really important.

Yes. I bought myself saxophone mouthpieces that I’m not really impressed with but currently I’m considering purchasing a YAS63iii. They don’t have any in stock at the moment. I’m considering possibly selling my vintage 1952 SML alto but still considering it.

My SML has a dark, jazzier sound than my Yamaha soprano which is a beautiful sound but it’s still harder to play than the Yamaha. Since I’m getting older I’ve noticed I don’t have the breath that I used to when I was younger.

It’s not something I had considered before.

Correction: it’s a 62iii
I bought it yesterday but it will take a week to get here. Very excited. It’s my first and probably only new instrument I’ll ever own but whose complaining? Lol
0E347F45-9D3D-4D32-AE1B-BCAFBB293474.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom