No horn playing for me this weekend

Merlin

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I just had a broken molar out yesterday. Managed to get my dentist to schedule it right after the last show of the week so I'd have 3.5 days to recover.

It's not exactly comfy right now, but it sure beats the pain of the exposed nerve. Played two shows that way. Fortunately the pain was episodic, not constant.

Guess I'll be practicing some guitar for the next few days...

Ouch! Hope that you're back up to speed soon. Playing with pain is no fun.

Julian

D@mn, that bites, er sucks, er,,, well

Better to be done with it. Hope things get better fast.

Nasty when that stuff happens. When it happens to me I can always find a sub who is better than me to step in--friends are good. But for you, I'm thinking that's harder to do. Be well Merlin.

Next show is Tuesday. I have a sub coming in to audit the show before playing it later in the week, so if I'm really not able to at that point, I think he can handle it. You may have heard him on record before - Bob Leonard, of Boss Brass fame.

I know somewhat how you feel. I had cataract surgery in my right eye last Monday morning and was advised not to play sax for the next week and a half. I had to get substitutes for five groups during that period. Bummer!

I know you're looking forward to getting back to your music, as I am.

Rob

I seem to be healing up alright. Played a rehearsal Monday nite, then did a matinee of WSS yesterday.

I've got a couple of students to teach today, then a rehearsal on bassoon.

Tomorrow is another WSS, then a recording session for Macbeth. I'm playing flute, bass flute, clarinet and bassoon on the incidental music tracks. There's a session on Friday as well.

The incidental music thing is nice, because we get paid for the tracking session, and then we get a standby fee for each performance of the play. It adds up to a nice taste for the season.

Back
Top Bottom