Noblet clarinet

Hello:

Would the forum members please comment on the clarinet.

Possibly when it was manufactured. Some history also.

It appears to be a very nice instrument. I plan on overhauling it.

Serial number 154C.

Appears to be all wood. Includind the bell and barrel.

Thank you all in advance.

1950's Noblet. Bigger bore and I think they make great jazz horns. I own one with the same logo and what I have found is that vintage mouthpieces from the 40's and 50's work pretty well with these clarinets although I have had good luck with a Selmer Crystal as well. I mostly opt for a Woodwind Company G8 these days.

Tonally I find it to be much more fuller sounding than modern Buffet clarinets.

Every Noblet horn that I have every played has been a "keeper" (if it were my to keep; being a Selmer forever guy, I'd never stoop to buying one, of course). In my opinion, they are all seriously undervalued, and (viewed as an instrument to be played, rather than as an investment or a way to make a quick buck) they are something to be lusted after.

SOTSDO:

The Noblet will be my fifth clarinet overhauled. The first two ( Selmer Signet 100's ) were donated to a local school in need of woodwinds.

I will enjoy the Noblet for a time before it too winds up at the school for others to play .

Overhauling a clarinet meets my desire to take something apart and playing afterwards as well as leaving it for someone else to play I hope for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom